Administrative Assistant Opening
(PLEASE – NO phone calls. Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Birdsong Auction & Real Estate Group is seeking an Assistant for the Auction Services & Real Estate Department. We are looking for someone that has the ability to multi-task and learn at somewhere just short of the speed of light. Hey, we are in the auction business, so things happen fast!
- Accounts Payable/ Receivable and general bill payment
- Assist with researching values and potential markets for assets.
- Prepare proposals for prospects.
- Schedule appointments for consultations, travel and daily scheduling.
- Load and maintain online auctions on our websites.
- Answer general inquiries regarding selling at auction and our services.
- Handle incoming phone calls, email inquiries, social media messages and etc.
- Provide assistance with bidder registration, internet bidding, phone bidding, etc., for auctions.
- Assist with social media and website updates
- EXCELLENT customer service skills both over the phone and in person; ability to multi-task and to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks. Just be honest. If you don’t know some or parts of these, tutorials are available and we can work through the process. We would rather know upfront that you need help in certain areas than assume you know these items in a pinch and find out otherwise.
- GREAT verbal and written communications skills and the ability highlight products with just words.
- Computer proficiency, attention to detail, aesthetic sense, can-do attitude, ability to juggle multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines, and the ability work both as a team member and on your own is a must.
- Ability to learn software systems quickly.
- If you are looking for a strict and structured environment then this job is not for you. We are a family business where everyone does what it takes to take to get the job done. This means there is a ton of cross training. The potential for growth is only limited by your ability to learn and perform.
Brief description of the person that will get this opportunity:
- They can talk with the governor or a farmer and make them both comfortable. They can also dress for each one of those occasions.
- They can write a description for a tract of land, a home or an 18th century liquor cabinet (after a little online research) but don’t mind getting their hands dirty while wiping that same cabinet down.
- They can update websites and place ads on other sites because they can Google how to embed a little html code.
- They come to work knowing what has to be done instead of being told what to do.
- They learn fast and organize well. They can also do the same for other people.
- They have the will, capabilities and desire to grow quickly and financially.
- Part Time/ Trial Is available from 20 hours a week to full time with flexible hours.